My Photo
Name:
Location: Trinidad & Tobago

"The world is not what I think, but what I live through." ~ Maurice Merleau-Ponty

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Latin Quotations and Phrases



[ photo: Waterlillies - Monet ]

1. A fortiori - With yet stronger reason
2. A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi - A precipice in front, wolves behind (between a rock and a hard place)
3. A posse ad esse - From possibility to actuality
4. A verbis ad verbera - from words to blows
5. Absit invidia - No offence intended
6. Absum! - I'm outta here!
7. Abusus non tollit usum - Wrong use does not preclude proper use
8. Accipere quam facere praestat injuriam - It is better to suffer an injustice than to do an injustice
9. Acta non verba - Action not words
10. Ad astra per aspera - To the stars through difficulty
11. Ad augusta per angusta - To high places by narrow roads
12. Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit - To boldly go where no man has gone before
13. Ad infinitum - To infinity without end
14. Ad praesens ova cras pullis sunt meliora - Eggs today are better than chickens tomorrow (a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush)
15. Age quod agis - Do what you do well, pay attention to what you are doing
16. Age. Fac ut gaudeam - Go ahead. Make my day!
17. Alea iacta est - The die has been cast. (Caesar)
18. Altissima quaeque flumina minimo sono labi - The deepest rivers flow with the least sound. (still waters run deep)
19. Amicitiae nostrae memoriam spero sempiternam fore - I hope that the memory of our friendship will be everlasting. (Cicero)
20. Amicus certus in re incerta cernitur - A true friend is discerned during an uncertain matter
21. Amor caecus est - Love is blind
22. Amor est vitae essentia - Love is the essence of life. (Robert B. Mackay)
23. Apudne te vel me? - Your place or mine?
24. Audere est facere - To dare is to do. (Motto of Tottenham Hotspur)
25. Aut disce aut discede - Either learn or leave

[ To be Continued...]

~ Rads  Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Nice blog, I am bit new to this blog stuff but I really like it. I will definately be back. I have a
charm gold train that the horse lovers community just love. I should set a blog up on it that has to do with charm gold train

5:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found your blog on stainless big block header while searching the web and wanted to tell you it is great. Feel free to have your participants view stainless big block header for more great ideas.

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home