My Photo
Name:
Location: Trinidad & Tobago

"The world is not what I think, but what I live through." ~ Maurice Merleau-Ponty

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

** Hurricane Katrina

On Sunday August 28th, the Mayor of New Orleans ordered its half-a-million citizens to flee the city: "We are facing a storm that most of us have long feared," he said. "This is a once in a lifetime event." The Director of the National Hurricane Centre in Miami wasn't any more upbeat: "New Orleans," he said, "may never be the same."
Hurricane Katrina may be one of the most powerful storms ever to strike the US. At one point, its winds rushed at 175 miles/hr (282 km/hr). As Katrina comes ashore, we're hoping it loses its fury and that people in low-lying New Orleans, and along the rest of the Gulf coast, stay safe....

Taken from Knowledge News

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sad!! I actually lived for 4 months in BILOXI, MISSISSIPPI.It has been very hardley hit...I have watched the news and there is not much left...My friends have lost their houses. I am just speakless...It was such a lovely region and the people so welcoming...
Pierre, Paris 8.50pm

2:48 PM  
Blogger aria said...

We have the tv on right now, and it's just unbelievable how high the water is. Reminds me of the Monsoon that hit India recently, and the recent floods in parts of Europe. Our prayers go out to those affected.

3:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Radica!! Indeed we pray for all these homeless people and for those who have lost members of their families....I still can't get in touch with my friends in BILOXI....

Pierre Paris 11.35pm

5:34 PM  
Blogger aria said...

I hope they're all ok .

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home