My Photo
Name:
Location: Trinidad & Tobago

"The world is not what I think, but what I live through." ~ Maurice Merleau-Ponty

Saturday, October 22, 2005

** Juve News



"The match against Bayern went wrong because we suffered the opponent without reacting and we lacked in aggression and grit that made the difference in the matches played so far". Fabio Cannavaro arrives at the press conference held at Sisport centre and wipes away any doubt about Tuesday's defeat being only a single episode and that it has to be canceled immediately: "You'll see a strongly determined team, we have to win at all costs as we want to keep the pace we've had so far. It won't be easy as they come from a positive result and the change of coach makes them want to do well".

The turnover involved nearly everyone, also in his role, like the cases of Thuram and Kovac, while Italy's captain has always been present: "Well, you see, Lilian is old - Cannavaro jokes - I think my turn will come sooner or later but I must say I'm always happy to play; on the other hand, it's just when you play all the time that when you finally stop you end up feeling the fatigue all at once. Changing partner in my role is not a problem for me: no doubt that I've been playing with Lilian for many years and we know each other well but I feel perfectly at ease with Robert too, he has always showed personality and self-confidence".

Juventus has a particularly tough week ahead: in fact, the matches against Lecce and Sampdoria will be the prelude to the challenge with Milan. The replay of last year's match this time won't be that decisive: "Meanwhile, we'll try to do well against Lecce and Sampdoria. It will be hard against the Blucerchiati as well, they have a very good coach who prepares the matches very well. They beat us last year and they have strengthened with Bonazzoli's arrival and they have one more important player they can lean on. Even if we won all these fixtures, the championship would still remain open: we had an eight-point advantage last year and we got caught up... We'd better avoid looking at the table or at the other clubs and go on our own way".

Fabio's last thought is dedicated to Ibrahimovic, who's becoming more and more the subject of journalists' questions: "Great forwards like him can only be contained. For us defenders, marking him is stimulating as he's strong physically and technically. When I find him in front of me during the training session it sometimes ends up that.. I hit him hard. He's young and he can still improve: us teammates use to tell him to be closer to the goal. He's capable of dribbling two, three opponents but he must try to be more ferocious when it comes to shooting at goal". Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home