My Photo
Name:
Location: Trinidad & Tobago

"The world is not what I think, but what I live through." ~ Maurice Merleau-Ponty

Friday, February 24, 2006

Buffon: With Werder it was a mishap



"The more important the match is, the more energies you are able to find to play better. For instance, we were not too brilliant against Parma, but a few days later we played a great game against Inter. The match against Werder was a mishap: we had practically won already, we just needed to pay a bit more of attention, to draw, at least".

Gigi Buffon gets back on Wednesday night Champions match, calmly analyzing the behaviour of the team. The defeat is annoying. However, the performance of the players was of a good level. "We surely need to be more careful in certain occasions and make our experience count. But we also have to admit that Wednesday's was a very random defeat. Sometimes things have got to go wrong, no matter what...". On a personal level, Gigi can be more than satisfied of his performance: "I do believe of having played my best matches against Inter and Werder. In Bremen I made two great saves and showed good confidence. The paradox is that in my best game I had three goals scored against me and the positive things I showed were not really worth".

The final 3-2 is a result that leaves wide chances for Juventus to qualify: "My impression is that Werder will hardly adopt another tactical module, thus I believe they will come to Turin to score one more goal than us. Unfortunately, they often can do it, even because with their way of playing it is easy to create many occasions. On the other hand, they also grant a lot and this will definitely be an advantage for us".

Archived the first match of the Champions eighth-final, Gigi jumps back in the championship: "Is the championship closed? Semi-closed, I would say. It is up to us to lock it. We have a considerable advantage and I don't know what a team like Juventus would have to do to waste it. With a little bit more of attention than in Bremen, we should make it". Attention that will be needed starting from this Sunday against Lecce: "It is a match where there is only something to loose. They are in the situation where they can risk, thus we will need to be very concentrated. In this kind of games everything can be easy by adopting the right approach. Otherwise problems may arise". Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home