My Photo
Name:
Location: Trinidad & Tobago

"The world is not what I think, but what I live through." ~ Maurice Merleau-Ponty

Saturday, March 26, 2005

Favourite Quotes : "Wit and Wisdom"



1. "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

2. "We don't see things as they are; we see them as we are." ~ Anais Nin

3. "If you judge people, you have no time to love them." ~ Mother Theresa

4. "When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you till it seems you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn." ~ Harriet Beecher Stowe

5. "Think wrongly, if you please, but in all cases think for yourself." ~ Doris Lessing

6. "I shall be an autocrat, that's my trade; and the good Lord will forgive me, that's his." ~ Catherine the Great

7. "An archaeologist is the best husband a woman can have. The older she gets the more interested he is in her." ~ Agatha Christie

8. "Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid that it will never begin." ~ Grace Hansen

9. "It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees." ~ Delores Ibarruri

10. "How many husbands have I had? You mean apart from my own?" ~ Zsa Zsa Gabor

11. "There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved." ~ George Sand

12. "Men are not the enemy, but the fellow victims. The real enemy is women's denigration of themselves." ~ Betty Friedan

13. "You cannot shake hands with clenched fists." ~ Indira Gandhi

14. "You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time. And that's sufficient." ~ Rose King

15. "You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try." ~ Beverly Sills

16. "The trouble with some women is that they get all excited about nothing and then they marry him." ~ Cher

17. "If you want anything said, ask a man. If you want something done, ask a woman." ~ Margaret Thatcher

18. "The words the happy say
Are paltry melody
But those the silent feel
Are beautiful." ~ Emily Dickinson

19. "When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened before us." ~ Helen Keller

20. "The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing in the right place, but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment." ~ Dorothy Nevill

21. "When a woman behaves like a man, why doesn't she behave like a nice man?" ~ Edith Evans

22. "Good girls go to Heaven, bad girls go everywhere." ~ Helen Gurley Brown

23. "Lead me not into temptation; I can find the way myself." ~ Rita Mae Brown

24. "I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck." ~ Emma Goldman

25. "I guess walking slow getting married is because it gives you time to maybe change your mind." ~ Virginia Cary Hudson

26. "He who angers you, conquers you." ~ Sister Elizabeth Kenny

27. "I never realized until lately that women were supposed to be the inferior sex." ~ Katharine Hepburn

28. "Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't." ~ Erica Jong

29. "Blessed is the man, who having nothing to say, abstains from giving us worthy evidence of the fact." ~ George Elliot

30. "He who laughs last, didn't get it." ~ Helen Giangregorio

31. "I am a marvelous housekeeper. Every time I leave a man, I keep his house." ~ Zsa Zsa Gabor

32. "Language is a wonderful thing. It can be used to express thoughts, to conceal thoughts, but more often, to replace thinking." ~ Kelly Fordyce

33. "You can't be brave if you've only had wonderful things happen to you." ~ Mary Tyler Moore

34. "Necessity dispenseth with decorum."  Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home