My Photo
Name:
Location: Trinidad & Tobago

"The world is not what I think, but what I live through." ~ Maurice Merleau-Ponty

Sunday, March 27, 2005

Poem: Sonnet of Longing



I live my Life one day at a time,
I look at you and hope you'll be mine.
Longing for you is now my constant rhyme,
Wishing like a sunflower for the sun to always shine.

I close my eyes and feel you hold my hand,
You look at me and promise to never leave me where I stand.
Just the two of us together,
Like lovers we dream of forever and ever.

But then I open my eyes and shout out for you, you can't hear
I reach out for you and you're not there.
Without you my life is like a desert
My empty heart left without a beat.

Like the vision of a softly painted scene,
Reality strikes!... You were but a Dream.

© 1996 Radica  Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home